Here is some information about the new hand sanitizers that have been rolled out.
Attachments at the bottom of the page include the AHS FAQ re: Hand sanitizer (Please note they say here that the hand sanitizer is safe for use when pregnant, however Health Canada advises against this), AHS Letter to UNA re: Plan for the hand sanitizers and two different references from Health Canada relating to this hand sanitizer.
Most important piece of Health Canada’s recommendations:
WARNINGS: Do not use on broken or damaged skin. Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Do not inhale. Do not ingest. Keep away from flames and heat. Do not smoke while using.
They Recommend hand washing as an alternative to this hand sanitizer if you are not safe to use the hand sanitizer.
Please report ALL concerns with this hand sanitizer, including headaches from the odour. You can report through: 1) My Safety Net (MSN) report- found on insite: https://mysafetynet.albertahealthservices.ca/prd/portalregistration/login.rails
- * If an incident involves a patient, also complete a report in the: Reporting and Learning System (RLS).
2. CPSM Report, found on Insite: https://insite.albertahealthservices.ca/cpsm/Page1385.aspx
3. UNA’s OH&S Report: https://dms.una.ca/forms/ohs
- * If an incident involves a patient, also complete a UNA PRC Report: https://dms.una.ca/forms/prc
4) Also, please Report any incident to: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-health-products/medeffect-canada/adverse-reaction-reporting.html